Ever think about creating a video clip that actually consists of two distinct videos side by side? That effect is commonly known as the ‘split screen’ effect – because it involves splitting your screen into two parts and having separate videos playing in each section.
Although at first that kind of effect may seem complicated, Movavi Video Editor will simplify the process of implementing it. Assuming you already have two videos that you’d like to use, you can start right now and follow these steps:
- Launch Movavi Video Editor and select ‘Create a project in full feature mode’.
- Click ‘Add Media Files’ and select both the videos that you want to use.
- Both videos that you selected will be automatically added to the ‘Timeline’ and you need to click and drag one of them upwards to the ‘Overlay Track’.
- Double-click the video in the ‘Overlay Track’ to edit it.
- Expand the list right above the ‘Preview’ window and select ‘Side by side’.
- Click one of the buttons beside the list to select the part of the screen where the other video will play.
- Click ‘Apply’ to finalize the effect.
- Because both videos are playing simultaneously the audio from both will clash so you can mute one by clicking the ‘Mute Track’ icon (i.e. the speaker) beside it.
- Click ‘Export’ when you are satisfied and want to save your video.
As you can see it really isn’t that hard and the only tricky part may be figuring out which audio track you want to mute. In some cases, you may want to mute both tracks, and add an entirely new audio track into Movavi Video Editor.
In any case, you now know how to create side by side videos. That is just a small part of what Movavi Video Editor can do, however, and you could also use its features to enhance the video quality, trim unwanted content, merge clips together, apply special effects, insert captions, and much more.
All you need to do is decide how best to edit your video and then experiment with the features in Movavi Video Editor and put them to use. It won’t take long to familiarize yourself with them, and the best way to do so is by jumping straight in and trying them out for yourself.