Having your boiler replaced is never going to be an exciting adventure that you anticipate with enthusiasm but it will have to be done once your old one wears out. Knowing that it’s the most costly part of your home’s central heating should encourage you to save a little money each month to pay for a new boiler when you actually need it. Keep in mind that a new boiler installed in your London home can help to pay for itself by replacing your old boiler that performed poorly, wasn’t as energy efficient, or was larger and more expensive to repair. Let’s review a helpful guide that you can use as you begin shopping for a new boiler to help you save money and still have a cosy and comfortable home.
- Your new boiler should have the best warranty that’s available; usually your guarantee will be from two to ten years and will include the labor and parts required should any problems occur.
- Keep in mind that your boiler’s performance and lifespan will be only as acceptable as the quality of your installation. If you get your boiler installation from London professionals you’ll find that your boiler will work up to specifications and be as energy efficient as you expected it to be.
- Whether you should have a debris filter installed, if lime-scale reduction is important to the life of your unit, and how you should register the boiler with building regulations in London so that your warranty will be validated.
- Another guideline to follow is the location of your boiler; if you haven’t been pleased with the performance of your old boiler, ask the professionals about relocating your new boiler to a location that is more convenient.Expect to pay about £600 – £1,000 for the installation of your boiler; this will include:
- Registration with the proper authorities
- Registration of your boiler’s guarantee with the manufacturer
- Flushing the system
- Filling out the certificate that is placed in the back of your installation manual.
- Be sure to find a reliable company that is both approved and qualified in London to install your boiler properly. They can help you choose a boiler that meets your needs, answer all of your queries about the installation process, and provide you with regular maintenance check-ups that keep your boiler operating as it was intended to.
Once you find the boiler that is energy efficient, within your price range, and the team that can properly install your boiler, it’s time to purchase your new boiler and prepare for a comfortable and cosy atmosphere no matter what the temperature is outside here in London.